Thursday, September 11, 2014

A blog about restaurants/cafes review? WHY? What is the purpose of all this?

Many might be wondering, why a blog about restaurants/cafes reviews, well, to start one year ago I was looking for reviews about a particular restaurant found in the North of Mauritius, more precisely in Mont-Choisy, named The Sagamore which is an all-American restaurant specialized in American breakfast as well as lunch and dinner. I could not find ANY review about that particular restaurant, I tried my best to look for blogs or even websites talking about the restaurant but I found NONE. I was so disappointed that I thought someday I should maybe create my very OWN blog about restaurant and cafe reviews and help people like myself, who are looking for reviews before going to visit a place for breakfast/lunch/dinner. I personally believe that there are so many people going on the Internet everyday looking for places to go have lunch or dinner but finally do not find any reviews about those places and they end up going to usual places they are used to. I believe that some diversity is needed if you love eating.

Another point to be noted is that, if you are a food lover, you would not like to be disappointed when you go eating somewhere, because somehow you do not want to waste your TIME and MONEY when going to eat somewhere, where the food is not worth it at all. Browsing the Internet and looking for reviews will help you to get a better idea of what is waiting for you if you are choosing a particular place to have breakfast, lunch or dinner.

Given that I am a food lover who loves to discover new places to have lunch mainly, this gave me an idea about creating my own blog where I would not only make you discover new places to eat at but also to share my bad experiences with some restaurants' food that made me sad/disappointed, due to the fact that when I visit a new place to eat at, whether it is a restaurant or small cafe, i have a lot of expectations about the food, the place and the atmosphere. Most of the time I am disappointed during the first visit but while visiting it a second time, sometimes the food gets better or worst.

I do not know if any of you have noticed but I am a big fan of bubble teas but when I get news about a new bubble tea place opening, i get so excited because in Mauritius, there are very few bubble tea places and each of them have a different taste and different specialties and doing such reviews do help people who are looking to try bubble teas but who are unaware of what exactly is a bubble tea.

7 comments:

  1. I'm someone who does not visit restaurants found in Mauritius that much though I'm a Mauritian, but through your blog, I will surely know which restaurant is worth the try when I feel like the urge to eat deliciouuuussssss food. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely, but as i mentionned earlier, my blog is about my own "opinions" you might go to a restaurant and not find the food that good and on my blog the review might say it is delicious etc, but as long as i'm helping you people with my reviews, I am happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your topic is very interesting as i also love food & i'll definitely check your blogs for more updates, & never tried the bubble teas now that i've read here i'll try it one day. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lubina Gunnuck, thank you for finding my topic interesting, you're a food lover? Great, i like you :D Sure, do come by anytime, as you might find more interesting updates coming soon :D And be sure to try the bubble teas i'm sure you will love it.

      Delete
    2. Yes, i'll definitely try it now since the pictures you've posted is very tempting and thank you for sharing this fun blog with all of us here; it is helpful as we can visit those interesting places you're mentioning & wish to learn more about it!! Keep it up ;)

      Delete
  4. Yes you're right! But at least with the help of your blog i'm going to find out about the small snacks or restaurants that exist in Mauritius :) Hehe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure, i'm glad my blog is helping you to find more about small snacks and restaurants that i find have a good service as well as good food, do come by my blog anytime, i'm sure you'll find more interesting updates :D

      Delete