Wednesday, October 1, 2014

REVIEW : MONTRÉAL CAFE

 Hello, sorry for being MIA (Missing In Action) for so long, was kinda busy with assignments and so on.
So i'm back today with another review, this time I am reviewing the famous Montréal Café found in Rose-Hill. I don't know if you had a chance to go there but if you do, do leave a comment in the comment section and let me know what you ordered and how you found it :)

The atmosphere is wow, by wow i mean it is very cosy and comfortable, here are some pictures of the café and its decor which i find is quite vintage and creative of course :









I ordered the famous cookies that was recommended by the owner, those cookies were at 3 for Rs 100 which i found was a good deal of course as the cookies were rather big and chewy on the inside BUT was too sweet. OH MY GOD! The sweetness of the cookies made me feel nauseous. Some might not share my opinion of course but this is what happened to me it was TOO sweet which made the taste disgusting. I believe if you have a sweet tooth you'll definitely love it but for me it was not a good experience at all.


The cookies ( when the picture was taken i had already eaten one)

The service : 10/10 (they are sweet persons and warmly welcomed me)
The atmosphere : 10/10
The food : 5/10 (unfortunately only because of the cookies)



This is the outside of the café (the picture was taken at night because i forgot to take the picture of the outside when i went there, it looks so beautiful at night ♥ )



Please note that my opinion is my very own and some of you might not have the same opinion as me, so if you had a good experience there, do comment in the comment section, i'd love to hear about it. And if you have any recommendation, do not hesitate, drop a comment ;)

Shona







4 comments:

  1. Hello Shonakshee.
    I found the concept of doing such a review very nice. For being one of the Montreal “fan” I agree with you on some of the points you mentioned. The atmosphere is so cozy and the people other there are really charming. It is situated in an ideal place and with all the café which are opening in this region, it definitely differentiates itself from the others. I think its vintage look as you mentioned plays a great role in doing so. You feel really like if you were in another country, only enjoying a café in a nice place with your friends.
    But there is one point I wanted to share with you as well. Don’t you think that the prices are a bit expensive? For a café, they sell at a high price compared to their competitors and this should be one of the criteria. Of course this is my personal opinion and you might not agree with it. And for having taste the cookie, I do agree with you. It is way too sweet for me as well and I absolutely understands what you mean when you say that it made you feel nauseous. It was the same for me.

    Hope to see other post from you soon.

    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Caroline, thank you for commenting, i forgot to mention the expensive prices, but you're so right about it! The prices are kind of for the people who work and can afford to pay expensive prices for simple dishes you might get for cheaper prices. I still remember the taste of the cookies, oh my god, so not good at all! I'll definitely go try some more dishes and update my review soon.
      Do come by once a week, as i intend on posting a new review once per week.
      See you soon :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Shonakshee,
    First of all, I would like to thank you for sharing your experience and reviews of various cafes and restaurants throughout the Island with us. Your Blog is very interesting and helped me in discovering new Cafes. For instance, I did know about Montreal café, since I saw your review about it and saw the picture of the three cookies I now want to go to the café as I love cookies even though the review about the cookies are not that good.
    However, I would like to draw your attention to the quality of your pictures; I believe that if you manage to take better pictures of the places and foods this will help you in boosting-up the audience of your blog. Even though you’re taking pictures with your phone’s camera, you can have a look at some tutorials on youtube to improve your skills and thus taking better and more attractive pictures. I am also learning from youtube for my Blog on photography.
    http://kelveenmunnee.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kelveen, thank you for taking time to read and comment on my post, you're right for the quality of the pictures, because i take the pictures with my Samsung Galaxy s2's camera and believe me it is not that good sometimes when it comes to the pictures, i am thinking about investing in a good camera so as to be able to take better pictures of the food :) Stay tuned for more reviews coming soon :)

      Delete